Dean’s Address – Faculty on the move…
– Prof. I. O. Adewale –
Dean 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 Academic Sessions
The Dean’s Office, in addition to the routine activities, is working with Faculty scientists, Alumni and private sector in a drive to attracting research funds and facilities to the different Departments in the Faculty. This is with the view to positioning the Faculty to produce viable research results that have local and international significance.
In addition, many of our young colleagues from different Departments are undergoing training leading to PhD in various institutions abroad. Capacity building through postgraduate training of staff, seminars, workshops and conferences is being pursued vigorously.
It is noteworthy that many of our alumni in private and public sectors are contributing effectively to socio-economic development of the nation.
- To provide academic support for students to enter the global economy with the ability to apply what they learn while in the Faculty to variety of ever-changing situations in the world.
- To build a strong academic & administrative partnership and linkages within and outside the Faculty.
- To provide services that are relevant to stimulate the Faculty, the local community and the nation as a whole.
- To establish one of the most functional and responsive Faculty offices in the University.
- Adequate keeping of records and statistics on staff establishment matters.
- To care for welfare of all staff
Projection for the Year
- External and Internal scientific collaborations and exchanges
- Review of Departmental Curricula in line with global best practices
- Increase of the establishment quota of both teaching and non-teaching staff for improved performanc